Financial Aid Information

Graduate education is an important investment of time and money. Students have the primary responsibility for that investment and should be prepared to pay their tuition and fees if they do not receive any support or receive partial support from the College or from an external source.

The College has responsibilities as well. First, the College is responsible for providing financial support to help ensure the student body is academically talented and diverse. Second, to the extent possible, the College helps students become aware of external support that will help them finance their graduate education. Normally any financial support from the College and/or external sources meet only a portion of a student’s financial need. Therefore, individuals, before beginning the application process, should give serious thought to how they will finance their education.

Opportunities for financial support generally fall into two categories:

Financial Aid

At UIC the term “financial aid” is used normally when referring to student loans and work study which are administered by the UIC Office of Student Financial Aid. Contact that office at 312-996-3126 or visit the website:

Other Financial Assistance

Other financial support often is referred to as financial assistance. The Office of Admissions and Financial Aid at the College can be contacted about financial assistance by telephoning 312-996-3218.

All eligible United States citizens and permanent residents interested in being considered for JACSW financial support should submit online a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This should be done between January 1 and March 1 at www.fafsa.ed/gov. March 1 is the submission deadline suggested by UIC. Not doing so may put students at a competitive disadvantage.

International students cannot submit the online FAFSA. They are required, however, to submit to the University the “Declaration and Certificate of Finances” form to attest they have sufficient financial resources to cover all tuition and fees and living expenses for the first year of graduate study. There is no such requirement for the second year of graduate study. Finally, all applicants and students should understand that most financial support administered by the JACSW is need or field based and requires students to be registered for 12 or more semester hours during the fall and spring semesters. There are no summer waivers.

PM–Extended Study students may apply for part-time tuition and feee waivers for fall and spring semesters if enrolled in eight to eleven semester hours. PM–Extended Study students enrolled in twelve or more semester hours may apply for full-time tuition waivers during fall and spring semesters.

For Admitted Students

How to apply for Jane Addams College of Social Work Scholarship Opportunities:

SnAP is the campus wide scholarship management system that is used for scholarships for UIC and Jane Addams College of Social Work admitted students. Students use this portal to view and apply for scholarships. SnAP includes opportunities for students across all colleges and academic units.

Start, End and Review Dates for Opportunities.

  1. The Jane Addams College of Social Work financial aid opportunities start date is March 15, 2018 and the end date is June 01, 2018.
  2. The review date begins June 15, 2018 and the end date is July 31, 2018.

Instructions and Procedure.

  1. Login to SnAP:
  2. Click on “Students” for further information on the “General Application,” and “Finding Scholarships in SnAP.”
  3. Complete the General Application

Once you complete the General Application you will receive an automated message that includes the scholarships and other opportunities that you are eligible for.

Have Questions?

If you have questions about financial aid for your MSW degree, please contact the college’s Office of Admissions and Financial Aid at:
Telephone: 312-996-3218

You may also contact the UIC Office of Student Financial Aid with questions concerning student loans, work study, or the FAFSA.

(Visited 5,118 times, 1 visits today)