Ways to Give


Current gifts provide immediate impact on the areas or programs you designate and are usually used in the year they are received. They can be cash, securities, or other property.

Cash gifts can be made by check payable to UI Foundation/JACSW, online with a credit card, recurring online donation, university payroll deduction, electronic fund transfer, or through your employer’s matching gift program.

Annual Gifts

Unrestricted Gifts made to the Annual Fund are a powerful form of giving that allows JACSW to apply the funds where needs are the greatest. These gifts support a wide range of initiatives, such as student scholarships, special lectures, seminars, student travel to professional conferences, graduate student research, and so much more.

Gifts Restricted to Special Funds These funds include our general Scholarship Fund that provides annual scholarships for students in need of financial assistance. The Class of 1990 Scholarship Fund is an example of a current use scholarship fund.

Endowment funds have been established at JACSW for purposes such as a scholarships and lectures. Annual gifts made to endowment funds are kept in perpetuity and a portion of the interest received from these endowed funds is used for the designated purpose. The Class of 1973 Scholarship Fund and the Professor James P. Gleeson Scholarship Fund are endowed scholarship funds.

Questions about Annual Giving?

Contact Jacquelyn M. Bonavia, Director of Advancement, at (312) 413-2305 or by email:jbonavia@uic.edu.



Endowed Funds

An endowed gift to JACSW creates a permanent source of funding for a program, scholarship, center, or faculty position. The fund is maintained in perpetuity with a portion of the interest received from the endowed fund used for your designated purpose. For example, an endowed scholarship fund can be established for a minimum gift of $25,000.

Giving Vehicles

Planned gifts are gift arrangements that have specific tax advantages and can include lifetime income to a beneficiary or beneficiaries named by the donor. One of the most common and easy to set up estate plan gifts is a charitable bequest. You can ask your attorney to change your will or revocable trust, or sign a new beneficiary designation for your retirement plan, insurance policy, or IRA. Your gift can be specified as a stated sum of cash or as a percentage of the value of your estate. Bequests can also include property or real estate.


Questions about Giving?

For more information on the opportunities and benefits of giving, contact Jacquelyn M. Bonavia, Director of Advancement, at (312) 413-2305 or by email: jbonavia@uic.edu.

(Visited 397 times, 1 visits today)