Faculty and Staff Job Openings
Faculty and Academic Professional Opportunities Heading link
None to date.
Adjunct Faculty Openings Heading link
Jane Addams College of Social Work is accepting applications for adjunct faculty positions. Please use the link below to apply.
Staff Job Openings Heading link
Office Manager – Jane Addams College of Social Work
Hiring Department: JACSW Academic Affairs/Instruction
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Requisition ID: 1021091
Salary Range: $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 commensurate with experience
Posting Close Date: January 19, 2024
UIC is seeking an Office Manager to join our Jane Addams College of Social Work Academic Affairs/Instruction team. This role provides administrative support for the day-to-day operations of the College including tasks that support the Doctoral Program and Business offices and College wide events more directly managed by the Dean’s office.
Must be able to work independently, comfortably multi-task on a wide variety of projects, collaborate effectively with colleagues, coordinate the work of different administrators, and follow through with minimal supervision. Must have a keen eye for detail and be adept at proofreading and editing material developed for students and faculty, as well as the external public.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administrative support to the JACSW Doctoral Program:
- Handles phone, email, in-person, and website inquiries from both prospective students to the PhD program and students enrolled in different stages of the program.
- Facilitates orientation and coordination of activities and supports (newsletter, listservs, office keys, etc.) for students enrolled in the PhD program.
- Maintains current and accurate records of Doctoral Program policies and student requirements, responding appropriately to inquiries, while directing some if and as needed to the Program Director or Graduate College.
- Maintains records of Doctoral program research assistant contracts and coordinates with the JACSW Business Office to facilitate processing of appointments.
- Maintains and updates Doctoral program content, as directed by the PhD Director and Committee, on the JACSW website and in JACSW publications.
- Maintains records of Doctoral students indicating their program status (year, qualifying exam dates and results, dissertation stage, dissertation committees, etc.) and graduation dates.
- Maintains current records of Doctoral alumni that includes their post-doctoral employment, achievements and contact information.
- Prepares student application folders for review by the Doctoral Program committee.
- Administrative support to the Business Office:
- Assists with general Business Office activities including purchasing and maintaining an inventory of supplies and office keys, processing student awards and research assistant and teaching assistant appointments, and faculty and student travel authorization and reimbursements.
- Assists with day-to-day HR services and transactions ensuring compliance with university policies, procedures, regulations, and standards of practice.
- Maintains financial records and assists with reconciliation of expenses related to college events.
- Assists with monitoring of employee compliance with state, university and department training and conflict of interest and commitment requirements.
- Updates College directories, mailboxes, nameplates, office signs, etc., as needed.
- Administrative support to the Dean’s Office:
- Orders mailing lists and obtains College-specific information as requested by the Dean from the UI Foundation. As requested by the Dean, will also provide information about the College to the Foundation and/or UIC Development team.
- Facilitates and orders catering, develops and sends out invitations and other information, creates online response registration forms, and provides technical and onsite support for college receptions, workshops, trainings and other events.
- Provides staff support for faculty search committees including securing meeting rooms, compiling folders, obtaining references, developing meeting schedules and arranging travel and lodging for faculty applicants.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years (24 months) of work experience comparable to the third level of this series.
About the University of Illinois Chicago
UIC is among the nation’s preeminent urban public research universities, a Carnegie RU/VH research institution, and the largest university in Chicago. UIC serves over 34,000 students, comprising one of the most diverse student bodies in the nation and is designated as a Minority Serving Institution (MSI), an Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution (AANAPSI) and a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). Through its 16 colleges, UIC produces nationally and internationally recognized multidisciplinary academic programs in concert with civic, corporate and community partners worldwide, including a full complement of health sciences colleges. By emphasizing cutting-edge and transformational research along with a commitment to the success of all students, UIC embodies the dynamic, vibrant and engaged urban university. Recent “Best Colleges” rankings published by U.S. News & World Report, found UIC climbed up in its rankings among top public schools in the nation and among all national universities. UIC has nearly 260,000 alumni, and is one of the largest employers in the city of Chicago.
This is a full-time and benefits eligible position. Hybrid and flexible work schedules are available. UIC offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience. In addition all full time benefits eligible positions include a comprehensive benefits package which include; Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability & AD&D insurance, a defined benefit pension plan as well as paid leave which includes; Vacation, Holiday and Sick. In addition we offer tuition waivers for employees and dependents. Click for a complete list of Employee Benefits
- Demonstrated progressive experience providing administrative support for an academic program, department, or college.
- Familiarity with graduate student admissions processes, alumni, and community engagement, marketing and communications.
To Apply: For fullest consideration click on the Apply Now button and please fully complete all sections of the online application, including adding your full work history with specific details of your duties and responsibilities for each position held. Fully complete the education, licensure, certification and language sections. You may upload a resume, cover letter, certifications, licensures, transcripts and diplomas within the application.
Please note that once you have submitted your application you will not be able to make any changes. In order to revise your application you must withdraw and reapply. You will not be able to reapply after the posting close date. Please ensure the application is fully completed and all supporting documents have been uploaded before the posting close date.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
The university provides accommodations to applicants and employees. Request an Accommodation